Horizontal machining center refers to the machining center with the spindle and the worktable set in parallel. The general horizontal machining center has three to five coordinate motion axes. The usual horizontal machining center is equipped with a table rotating axis. The common one is Three linear coordinate axes are used to process a table rotating coordinate axis.
One clamping of the workpiece can complete the processing of the other four surfaces except the mounting surface and the top surface. The horizontal machining center generally processes box-like workpieces.
In this article, we will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of horizontal machining centers.
Advantages of horizontal machining center
- Compared with the vertical machining center, the horizontal machining center has better chip removal ability, especially when processing the mold cavity, there is no problem with the horizontal machining center for chip removal, while the vertical machining center The difference is that it is difficult to remove the chips when using the vertical machining center to process the cavity of the mold, which may cause damage to the workpiece and the tool in severe cases.
- Due to the complex structure of the horizontal machining center, the rigidity of the structure is very good, and it can process heavyweight workpieces, such as large and heavyweight workpieces such as automobile engine cylinders.
- Because the structure of the horizontal machining center is very complex, it has a very strong earthquake resistance. The earthquake resistance of the horizontal machining center is very good whether it is under static load or under dynamic load.
Disadvantages of horizontal machining center
- Because the structure of the horizontal machining center is very complicated, engineers have a lot of inconveniences when debugging the processing parameters. At the same time, there are many inconveniences in measuring the workpiece and observing the running track of the tool.
- Compared with the vertical machining center, due to the larger volume of the horizontal machining center, the floor space is very large.
- Compared with the vertical machining center, the horizontal machining center has a complicated structure, which makes many novices confused, and the price of the horizontal machining center is very expensive.